- Book your flight on a Tuesday or Wednesday, 1 – 3 months prior to your departure.
- Most of the time it is cheapest to fly on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday.
- Use my Priceline Hack to save tons of money on a sweet hotel room
- When browsing the internet for flights and hotels search in “incognito” mode and clear your cache before you make the purchase. This prevents the sites from saving your browsing info and slowly start rising the price on ya!
- Seriously consider giving budget airlines a chance! They are actually really great!
- If your traveling with family consider renting a house for your stay. Not traveling with as many people? That’s ok, book a hotel room with a kitchenette. You’ll save boat loads of money by eating one meal a day at your own place!
- Eat and sight-see like a local. Tourist traps are not only expensive but you never get what you pay for. Order an Uber and ask them to take you to one of their favorite “non-touristy” spots to sight-see or eat. This is a double hack because they are usually happy to offer a “guided tour” on the way to your destination.
- Sometimes you just have to ask. You will be surprised at how many complimentary upgrades you can get by simply asking them. See how I scored a rooms upgrade and free deserts here
What are your favorite money saving travel hacks?