I hate flying. HATE it. Airplanes have always caused me a tremendous amount of anxiety. I blame it on my parents allowing me to watch La Bamba at very young age. Thanks mom and dad.
This is part, if not all of the reason that I prefer to fly with budget airlines for domestic travel. Yep you heard that right…little miss terrified prefers budget airlines. This was a surprisingly easy choice once I learned of all the safety requirements ALL airlines are required to abide by.
Most recently my family and I traveled with Spirit airlines. I was extremely hesitant because I heard so many people complain about the cramped area, hard seating, crappy service, yada yada.
Here’s what I learned with my experience:
- Not many other airlines can even come close to the base ticket price.
- $10.00 extra bucks to pick your own seat (if you want) is not that big of a deal
- They’ve increased the size of the free personal item you can bring on the plane. My bag was big enough to fit two outfits, my electronics, mid flight snacks (yes I packed my own) and several mini liquor bottles!
- What are these hard plastic seats people are yammering on about? Mine was nice and cushiony!
- I’ll admit the personal space is a bit smaller than other airlines but it’s not that bad. Especially if you are only flying for a few hours.
- Lastly, I have no complaints about the customer service. They were sensitive to my flight anxiety, and were prompt with keeping my glass of ice and Diet Coke filled!
- If your concerned about the lack of in flight entertainment just come prepared. I downloaded music to my phone, and a movie to my tablet. Problem solved.
I think flying with budget airlines rock. And what rocks even more is saving a couple hundred buck by choosing them.
What’s your favorite airline to fly with?